One of the great advancements in Dentistry is the CAD /CAM CEREC technology developed by SIRONA…with Cerec we now have the ability to create precise, beautiful porcelain/ceramic restorations, ie. crowns or fillings in one appointment. With advanced training, utilizing the cad/cam and milling machine as shown, Dr GARANT can create, precise custom fit restorations for your teeth.
Ceramic Reconstruction step by step
The defective filling and decay is removed. A reflective powder layer prepares the tooth for imaging.
- An optical 3D image is acquired with a small camera, directly in your mouth.
- The restoration is created on the screen using the image data.
- Diamond coated instruments mill a ceramic block reproduce the design.
- This is accomplished during a single appointment using Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacture (CAD/CAM).
- After polishing, the new restoration fits precisely.
- A unique light hardens the bonding material, uniting porcelain and tooth.
- Polishing or glazing ensures a pleasantly smooth and natural feel.
- The colour and appearance make the special ceramic material bland with your tooth.
- Perfectly bonded porcelain ensures an extremely long life for your teeth.
- Maximum strength, great looks!
One Appointment Fillings (inlays/onlays)
|After decay and old filling material is removed…|
|The individually manufactured ceramic will be fitted exactly.|
|Depending on severity, the whole procedure will last between one and two hours.|
One Appointment Crowns
|For more heavily compromised teeth, a traditional treatment has been a crown restoration, which can take several separate appointments.|
|Using the CEREC method, crown restoration is completed in a single appointment. No impressions, no temporary crowns – no need for a second injection.|
|A treatment time of one to two hours is normal.|
|Malpositioned and discoloured teeth can be restored with porcelain veneers.|
Your tooth is adjusted and a thin layer of porcelain is bonded securely to your tooth.
|Perfect looks, perfect fit make a wonderful, natural smile – all in a single appointment.|